According to Order No 31452 of 31 August 2002, new rules and measures are required to prevent contamination with the new SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus
The best way to prevent and slow the transmission of this virus is to be well informed about the virus, the disease it causes and how it spreads.
Elsevier gives us an update on this virus:
Please observe the recommended safety precautions throughout your visit to the library!
- Access to the library will be safe and we will responsibly adhere to all recommendations for clearance, disinfection of traffic areas and document circulation;
- The reading rooms have reopened and access will be possible by requesting a seat in the room;
- Seats in the reading rooms are numbered and will be distributed by a Card, respecting the distance of 1.5 m - there will be a free place between readers;
- Follow the signage highlighted by divider strips and the flow of readers recommended by library staff;
- Entry to the library is through the reading room - ground floor - security gates and exit through the Multimedia room - upstairs;
- The services offered are: online registration/enrolment, borrowing and returning documents, access to reading rooms. To this respect, we have traced the flow of readers in our spaces and please respect the signposts.
- At the entrance, please disinfect your hands and cross the disinfectant mats;
- Wear a protective mask while on library premises (covering nose and mouth);
- People who refuse to have their temperature checked will not be allowed in the library;
- Keep a safety distance of at least 1.5 m between you and other users throughout your visit;
- Follow the posted signs;
- Access to the Library's premises is allowed in both the Reading Rooms and the Lending Sections in limited numbers to avoid overcrowding;
- Documents can be returned and borrowed with the observance of security measures (physical separation, masks, use of disinfectants at the entrance);
- The maximum waiting time at the loan stations for a user should be 15 minutes;
- Request a seat in the study rooms; the seat in the reading room can be reserved online or directly with the room custodian;
- Access to the Multimedia Room (computers) will be limited, with a request for a seat, respecting the distance - one free seat between users; mask and gloves must be worn.;
- To reduce the time you spend in the library to find the publications you want, you can consult on-line catalog
THE BORROWED DOCUMENTS POLICY
- Returned documents are stored in a special area in the loan section and will be quarantined: 3 days for paper documents, 10 days for laminated documents;
- After the quarantine period, documents can be put back into circulation;
- Circulating documents in the reading room will be quarantined for a minimum of 3 days in the designated area before being borrowed again;
- Documents that have not been borrowed can be handled and circulated without further disinfection;
- During this period, the Library encourages students to use existing electronic information resources from home, thus supporting online learning and teaching;
- To have remote access (#fromhome) to all electronic resources subscribed by our institution, we invite you to register and create a mobile access account on the enformation platform.
The library staff is at your disposal to answer any request at: firstname.lastname@example.org